Start a new topic

Direct Downloading Images

I have a colleague that has a website capable of clients directly downloading images from his site.  He's able to upload them at a specific resolution and hos clients can choose to download a small, medium and high resolution version by choosing a drop down.

I'd be keen to see the developers add this function going forward.  Is anybody else keen to see this?

Mick

Hello Mick,

I think this is a good suggestion and it will also help a lot of users who wish to sell their images online. I will pass this suggestion to our dev team, I think they will consider it and hopefully include it in the future updates. 

For now, you can do a little workaround if you wish for your visitors to download the images on your website. You can upload your images to a file hosting services like Dropbox or Google Drive and then you can place the links to download the images on your site. Or you can create a product page and after a customer purchased a product, you can send them the download link for the image that they purchased via email. 

I hope this helps, enjoy your day Mick! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

A fantastic idea and possibly the best solution for those selling downloadable products. The one thing to ensure however is that only the "delivery page" has right-click enabled otherwise every picture can be downloaded for nothing.

John S.

We are very glad to work with Portfoliobox, but must say that we´ve really missing that option.

We would be happy to bring our second business site (www.fotodescargas.es) here if someday our clients have the chance to pay and download the pictures directly from the gallery.

Jorge P.

Hello Jorge, 

Please rest assured that all of our users suggestions and feedbacks are being reviewed by our dev team and will take it in consideration. As a matter of fact, a newer version of Portfoliobox will come out soon. I cannot promise anything for now, I can only say that the overall tools of Portfoliobox will be greatly improved. 

Have a good day Jorge! Hope to see you in the new version! 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Login to post a comment