Start a new topic

Customizations for eCommerce?

I'm getting ready to enable sales on my site. I've run in to two issues.

1. Can the "Sold Out" indicator optionally read "Sold" instead?  I don't sell copies of items but single works of art. Sold Out is not an applicable concept.

2. Is there way to set variable shipping prices, item by item?  My works come in greatly different shapes and weights.  One static cost for shipping won't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi!

I am really sorry for our late response. You can change the words "Sold Out" to "Sold" under Settings > Language and then look for the phrase "Sold Out". In the field next to "Sold Out", you can change the content to "Sold". 

As for the shipping prices, unfortunately it is not possible to set different prices for different items. However, you can take the shipping cost into consideration when deciding the selling price. I understand that it would be much better if the shipping prices can vary depending on the items, I will make sure that the development team knows about this request and hopefully the feature will be added to the current version of Portfoliobox or the new version. :)

Have a nice day, Ainsley (Forum Moderator)

Thanks very much, Ainsely.  I appreciate the tip on modifying the Sold Out language.  Thank you for suggesting to the developers that they create a way to modify the shipping amount. I would think it would be helpful for other users as well.

Hi Donna,

You're welcome! Don't hesitate to contact us if you have more ideas for improving our E-commerce or any other areas in our tool :)

Have a lovely day, Ainsley (Forum Moderator)

Hello,

Further on the topic of the e-commerce setup, I noticed that, while having a live trial run to check if I had set everything correctly, a tickbox request the buyer to confirm the acceptance of T&C. While I did input some text in the Legal field in e-commerce setup, nothing seems to appear on the checkout page; it gives the impression that the buyer is agreeing to terms and conditions without knowing what they are.

Personally, I would like for potential buyers to be made aware of certain conditions before they commit to buying; importantly issue of no refund, even if a picture is bought by mistake and indeed copyright issues.

Many thanks.

Hello John,

I agree that your visitors should be aware of the conditions that you've set before purchasing the product. You can view the T&C by clicking the "Accept the terms" button on the check out page. 

Have a nice day, Arvin (Forum Moderator)

1 person likes this

Hello Arvin,

Many thanks for your reply. I tried again to see if the T&C box appears and all it does is to slide down from the top of the screen and vanish. Clicking the "Accept the terms" has no effect. I checked that popups are enabled but no change.

Please see a recording I made at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T_QT6gsFTOwRW4QmXtTBnNwORLQmMRjW?usp=sharing

Many thanks for your time and efforts.

John Santarossa

Hello John!

You need to click on the text "Accept The Terms" to display the terms. I have tried on your site and it works fine. Please see below: 

Since it's not clear that the words are clickable, I will report it to the developers. Meanwhile, you can edit the text "Accept The Terms" under Settings > Language to make it clearer. For example, you can replace it with: "Check the box to accept the Terms. Click here to read the Terms."

Let me know if you need more help!

Have a nice day, Delphine (Forum Moderator)

1 person likes this

Dear Delphine,

Thank you so much for your reply; I'll follow your text editing suggestion and be up and running.

Best  regards

John M Santarossa

Hello,

I would like to request that when an item sells, that the system automatically marks it sold. I sell one of a kind items, and it seems possible that more than one person can buy something before I can mark it "sold." I also sell stickers where a customer can buy  more than one at a time, but I would need the inventory feature added to show how many are available.

Thank you so much! I have been very pleased with the portfolio options and your customer service!

Lisa

Hello Lisa, 

I hope you're doing well, thank you for sharing your suggestion. I also agree that the sold out function should be automatic to avoid disappointing the visitors of your site. I will send your suggestion to our dev team so they can consider it while developing the newer version of Portfoliobox. 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Login to post a comment