Start a new topic
Answered

List of photo ratios for different templates?

Hi. Is there a list somewhere of optimal photo side ratios to use for different templates? For example, on a text page, if I select half screen or big image, is there a way to know ahead of time how the image will be cropped?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Hello,

I hope you're doing well, thank you for your post! We don't have a specific size required for the images but the general rule is to make sure that the images that you upload are 1920px or smaller, in width and height. Also, if the template that you're using have a design for portrait image, it is best to upload a portrait image for that page to avoid your images to be cropped.  

Regarding the page with Half Screen template on your site, can you give us more information on what problem are you encountering on this page? I checked your page and noticed that you uploaded a collage as the half image for the page. I don't seem to see any problem with it and no images has been cropped. Can you give us a screenshot if this is not the case on your end. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Answer

Hello,

I hope you're doing well, thank you for your post! We don't have a specific size required for the images but the general rule is to make sure that the images that you upload are 1920px or smaller, in width and height. Also, if the template that you're using have a design for portrait image, it is best to upload a portrait image for that page to avoid your images to be cropped.  

Regarding the page with Half Screen template on your site, can you give us more information on what problem are you encountering on this page? I checked your page and noticed that you uploaded a collage as the half image for the page. I don't seem to see any problem with it and no images has been cropped. Can you give us a screenshot if this is not the case on your end. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Hi Arvin,

Thanks for the reply! I did see the 1920 px and 12MB limits, but it would be helpful to have some sort of rough ratio guide for each of the different templates. I took a complete guess as the starting dimensions for the collage, and then had to keep uploading new versions of it with changed dimensions so that it would appear that nothing was cropped. My workaround was to create a collage on a white background and with a white border so that I could stop adjusting it once I managed to get it to where the photos in the collage were not cropped. I was hoping there would be a suggested height to width ratio for each of the templates so that I could more easily choose images that would fit that particular crop (if that makes sense). I know too that some of the images are displayed differently on desktop vs mobile, etc, but any suggestions for a starting "ideal" ratio would have saved me some time. I hope I'm explaining myself.  

--Diana

Hello Diana,

I'm sorry but it is not possible to check for an ideal size for the image that needs to be uploaded because it will change depending on the screen size and screen orientation. Also, you will have to select an image that will work best for the template. Example, for the "Half screen" template. I would suggest to use a Portrait image where the subject of the image is placed on the middle. This way the important part or the main focus of the image will always be visible on all devices. For more information regarding this, you can check out this link - https://www.portfoliobox.net/news/backgroundimage-a-hand-book. To test things out, kindly resize your browser to check your site in different sizes. 

I hope this helps, have a good day Diana! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Thanks for the reply, Arvin!

Login to post a comment