Would like to be able to upload a multiple page PDF file on my gallery page, so the page shows the first page thumbnail, and once clicked the file would open either in lightbox or in a pdf reader. Right now the EDIT CONTENT doesn't allow upload of pdf files. This would make it easier to show design work like catalogs and brochures.
Thank you for posting! It is possible to embed a PDF file on your site but this option is not available in the admin panel "Edit Content". You will be able to see this option inside the text editor of your page and you can embed a PDF file on either an image or text.
We have a detailed guide on how you can embed a PDF and you can check it out at:
You can also apply this option using a gallery page but it will require more advance steps. Here's how you can do it.
Step 1: How to get the PDF link:
1. Create a text page. (This page will serve as a storage for your PDFs.)
2. Enter a random text inside the text editor and upload the PDF according to our guide -https://support.portfoliobox.net/en/support/solutions/articles/31000142094-upload-a-pdf
3. Don't forget to copy the PDF URL before you click "OK". (Paste it somewhere like on your notepad - you will need this later).
Step 2: Gallery page:
1. Create a gallery page and upload an image.
2. Set the template to "Portrait" on your gallery page. (For this option it will be better to use a templates that displays the image title at the bottom of the image.)
3. Afterward, select an image on your gallery page panel.
4. Click the pencil icon then click the gear icon at the right side.
5. Enter a title for your image.
6. Highlight the text/title and click the embed icon on the text editor.
7. Paste the PDF link and click "OK" and don't forget to click outside of the panel to save.
I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions :)
Arvin (Forum Moderator)