Start a new topic
Answered

Enable eCommerce feature

Hello!!

As of now, my site (MauricioPerryStudio.com) has several Galleries of images sorted by year. I would like to convert them (yes, I know, I have to do it the hard way, uploading each image again along with their text. Ugh!!!) to Link pages. Some (not all) of the images will be linked to one or more eCommerce pages (using PayPal). The current gallery pages will be discarded or rendered invisible.

My questions are:

1. Does this workflow make sense? Is there a better way to do it?

2. Are there examples of a design like this? I have found none

3. Is there a way that the Link pages keep the same look, exactly as the current galleries that they will be replacing?

4. Do you have any other suggestion or trick that may be useful?

Thanks,

Mauricio

Best Answer

Hello Mauricio,

Thank you for posting!

I think the better and easier way is to link your product pages in the image description of your galleries/blog posts. This way, you will only have to create product pages and don't have to create additional link page on your site. To do it, please follow these easy steps: 

1. Go to the page where the images that you want to edit is located. 

2. Click the image and then click the pencil icon. 

3. The image title and description will show up. 

4. Click the gear icon at the right side of the image description field. 

5. Enter the text where you will link the product page. Ex. "Click here to purchase this product". 

6. Highlight the text and click the link icon in the text editor tool bar. 

7. Add the page URL of your product page. (When adding an existing page URL, don't include the whole URL and just add the page URL. Ex. https://www.portfoliobox.net/admin#/showcase | Only add this /showcase). 

I hope this helps! If this doesn't answer all of your concern, please let us know and give us more information. 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator)

1 Comment

Answer

Hello Mauricio,

Thank you for posting!

I think the better and easier way is to link your product pages in the image description of your galleries/blog posts. This way, you will only have to create product pages and don't have to create additional link page on your site. To do it, please follow these easy steps: 

1. Go to the page where the images that you want to edit is located. 

2. Click the image and then click the pencil icon. 

3. The image title and description will show up. 

4. Click the gear icon at the right side of the image description field. 

5. Enter the text where you will link the product page. Ex. "Click here to purchase this product". 

6. Highlight the text and click the link icon in the text editor tool bar. 

7. Add the page URL of your product page. (When adding an existing page URL, don't include the whole URL and just add the page URL. Ex. https://www.portfoliobox.net/admin#/showcase | Only add this /showcase). 

I hope this helps! If this doesn't answer all of your concern, please let us know and give us more information. 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Login to post a comment