Start a new topic
Solved

504 Gateway Time-Out Error

Hello,

My portfolio website takes a while to load, then finally displays a 504 Gateway Time-out error when others try to reach it. I've been editing it lately but I was not changing the code or doing anything in-depth apart from adding a video and pictures to the site. I have a very important career fair this Thursday, where I will be giving resumes and cards to my portfolio website and it needs to be running well.

How can this be resolved as soon as possible? Has anyone else had this problem before, and is it temporary? 

Thank you. 

1 person has this problem

Don't have a solution but letting you know that I and others have this problem too. It's very stressful since its career season for a lot of people. From what I've seen it will usually be back within a hour but recruiters won't wait a hour. 

1 person likes this

Same problem here. When I log in, I have multiple error codes and my main page and entire site is blank with blackness! Maybe it's time to get a refund and move to Square Space?! I'm thinking about it.

1 person likes this

It seems to be up and running now. That was a terrifying hour of realizing I may have to move to a new website platform because I truly love Portfoliobox. Not to mention I am giving my website as a sole means of portfolio. Career season is stressful enough, I hope the website stays strong.

I'm still very curious why this happened and would like to know from a mod if it's possible this will continue.

Hello, 

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We have experienced a small glitch but it has already been fixed and both live and admin versions of your sites should be working fine now. If you still experience the issue, please do let us know so we can investigate. 

Have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

1 person likes this

Thank you! I appreciate the quick response very much.