Start a new topic

2020 Upgrade - Portfoliobox 4

Hello guys!

Wonderful to hear that the upgrade is real.

Can we get a detailed "how-to" switch from old system to the new?

What we have to do? Automatic or need to upload again images?... etc

Thank you,

Br, Susa

Hello Susa! 

Good day! Thank you for posting! For now, migration is not yet available from the older version to the new version so you will have to create your site from scratch if you wish to use the newer version. Migration will be available in the future; however, since the new version is a completely new platform, we will only be able to migrate the images from the old version to the new version. 

Have a good day Susa! 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Thanks Arvin! 

Ok, so I am ready to make it from scratch: but how I do that? I need only delete my pages or...? Can you guys give instructions how to switch to the new system?

Br, Susa

Hello Susa,

There's no need to delete your current site, you just need to register a new account and that account will be created for the new version.

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Hi! How does this work with our domains? Will we still be able to have the same URL?

2 people like this

Also -- do I need to cancel my current subscription?

2 people like this

Same questions as Brady Pappas above! Guys: can someone just sit down for 10 minutes and write a simple instructions FOR ALL OF US? 

We will have more 50+ "stupid" question only because we do not get guidelines.

Peace. BR, Susa

1 person likes this

please just answer, i have the same questions. 

Hello, 

Sorry for the delay.

1. Yes, you may use your old domain from the previous version to the new version. However, please note that a domain can only be linked to 1 website. Here's what you can do:

a. If you want to completely move to the new version, you will have to upgrade your account to Pro or Pro plus first, then please let us know so we can help you link your current domain to the latest version.

b.  Please note that the domain must be disconnected to the old version once you choose the latest version. You may downgrade the old version to free or delete it through the admin panel. Also, the subscription will not be migrated to the latest version.

2. If you are planning to use the new version and don't want the old version anymore then you have to cancel the subscription of the old version to avoid being charged for both accounts. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Hello,

how do I know if I'm on Portfoliobox 3 or 4?

Also, in my account it looks like I can upgrade to the pro version for 6.9 US$/month but on the https://www.portfoliobox.net home page it looks like there are 3 plans now: 0.9, 7.9 and 14.9 US$/month.

Can some admin confirm if the 6.9 US$ price is for PBOX3 and the new prices (0.9, 7.9 and 14.9 US$) are for PBOX4?

Thank you!

Ugo

Hello Ugo,

The latest version of Portfoliobox doesn't have an admin panel so you will be able to easily differentiate which version you are using. If you have a dark admin panel at the right side of your page then you are using the previous version. 

The previous version only offers two subscription plans which is the monthly and yearly subscription:

a. For the monthly subscription, it will cost you 8.9USD/month and the only available payment option is via credit card. 

b. For the Yearly subscription, it will cost you 82.8USD/year and the available payment options are via credit card, paypal, and bank transfer. The 6.9USD/month that you see is for the yearly subscription which is 6.9USD x 12 months = 82.8USD/year. 

I hope this helps! Stay safe and have a nice day Ugo! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

1 person likes this

Hello Arvin,

thank you so much for the clarification, now its crystal clear!

Another question, I guess it will be helpful to know also for other users in the forum.

Before deciding if I better like to use PBOX 3 or 4 I would like to give a try to PBOX 4 as well.

As apparently I cannot create a new site from my PBOX 3 panel, to have the ability to work at the same time on the two versions is it fine for you if I open a new trial account with a different email?

Also, I understand that there is no free trial on PBOX 4, and I will have to pay at least 0,99USD/month, is this correct or I can experiment as much as I like and start to pay only when/if I publish the site?

Thank you so much!

Have a great weekend Arvin!

Ugo (very happy user, you rock guys!)

Hello Ugo,

To create a site in the new version, you just need to create a new account via our official site at  https://www.portfoliobox.net/. It is fine if you want to register using a different email for the new version. 

Yes, there is no fee to use the trial version for the new version. However, you will have at least upgrade it to the light version if you wish to publish your website. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

1 person likes this

Hi, 

I'm currently on P3 (pro account) but i could be interested to go to P4.
Could you tell me if i'm right with the process please ?

- Create a new account on P4 (which mean, new email)
- Downgrade P3 account to free account.
- Upgrade P4 to pro.
- Re-create all its site on P4.

In my case, i got a yearly subscription, how does it works ?
Can i get the months left on my P3 subscriptions on a new P4 account ?
Or should i stop the P3 subscriptions (if possible) and buy a new P4 from now ?

Thanks for all the answers ! :)
Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for posting. It depends, you can first try the new version by creating a new account and see if you like it so your site in the previous version will still be online while you are working on your new account in the new version. 

Once you are decided to move to the new version, you may take these steps: 

1. Create a new account for PB4 by clicking the Create Site button at  https://www.portfoliobox.net/ 

2. It is not possible to transfer the subscription from one account to another. However, we will be more than happy to give you a discount once you decide to upgrade your account in PB4. Just contact us at support@portfoliobox.net via email. 

3. To avoid extra charges on your previous account in the old version, we suggest that you delete or downgrade the account subscription to cancel the subscription. 

I hope this helps! Stay safe and have a good day Chris!

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Login to post a comment