Start a new topic

2020 Upgrade - Portfoliobox 4

Hello guys!

Wonderful to hear that the upgrade is real.

Can we get a detailed "how-to" switch from old system to the new?

What we have to do? Automatic or need to upload again images?... etc

Thank you,

Br, Susa

Hi Arvin,

Thanks for your answer !
Well, there's still one thing that is not clear to me : If i downgrade my PB3 subscription, as i pay for a yearly subsscription, what will happen for the months lefts ? (it ends on december)

My question is the following : After testing PB4, if i want to go on this new platform, would it be possible to downgrade my current PB3, and upgrade my new PB4 ans transferring the months left in this new upgrade ?

Thanks for your answers !
Chris

Hello Chris,

As mentioned in my previous reply, it is not possible to transfer a subscription from one account to another. We will be happy to offer you a discount that will satisfy you when you are decided. 

We can no longer offer a refund for your account in the previous version since 14 days has already passed since the last payment was made. What I can suggest is to just turn off the auto-renew function of your account so it will stay online until your subscription ends and then be deleted afterward.

I hope you understand. Have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Thanks for your answer Arvin !

As i didn't plan to purchase a new subscription now, i'll wait the end of my PB3 in december before purchase a news one on PB4. :)
Happy easter !

Chris

Any update on how to migrate from PB3 to PB4? All I want to do is be able to offer a discount code and now it sounds like I have to build my whole website again. Is this correct? Thanks

Hello Nettleton, 

I'm sorry, but the migration is still not available. Even if the migration becomes available in the future, we can only migrate your images and domain as the new version is a completely new platform. 

Yes, I'm afraid that you will indeed have to create a new account and start from scratch. 

I hope you understand. Stay safe and have a good day Nettleton! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

That is a truly woeful system, and is enough to make me consider leaving the platform at the end of my subscription period. 

The invoice payment option doesn't even seem to allow me the chance to send a revised amount on the invoice for the customer to pay, as the invoice seems to be auto-generated leaving no opportunity for me to amend it. Is this correct?

Regards, 

Nettleton Pottery

Hello Nettleton, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry that our product page didn't meet your expectations. It is indeed auto generated and the invoice will be based on the final price of the product as well as the information entered by the customer. 

While we cannot offer a feature to edit the already generated receipt, we can only offer you a suggestion or workaround to adjust the amount specifically for a customer. You can either adjust the price of the product before the customer purchase it or you can create a product page specifically for this customer (Only add the products that he needs) and set a password protection on it so he will be the only one to see the page. Send the URL of the password protected page to the customer so he will be able to purchase the product with the correct amount and receipt. 

I hope this helps. Personally, I would recommend the second one. We will also share this to our development team as a suggestion to add a feature that will allow the users to edit the receipt. Hopefully, it will be included in the future updates. Stay safe and have a good day Nettleton! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

1 person likes this
Thank you for your suggestion. Could you tell me, is it possible to create a duplicate of a page and then I can change the prices on the duplicate? I will try your second idea but it would be great if I didn’t have to add 100+ products again before I change the prices. Thanks, NP

Hello Nettleton,

Sorry for the delay. Duplicating pages is not available in Porfoliobox 3 version, it is only available in the newest version of Portfoliobox. You will have to re-add the products manually on your private product page. Enjoy your day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

HI, are there any tutorials on creating a new website in version 4. To be honest im finding creating a new site a bit confusing in version 4, a few helpful hints on the new features would be very helpful to everyone I feel. Thanks

Hello Steve,

Sure! First, you will have to create an account in the new version and you may do it by checking on this link and click "Create Site" -  https://www.portfoliobox.net/ 

Afterward, you may check this tutorial video to get started -  https://help.portfoliobox.net/support/solutions/articles/31000154706-getting-started-with-portfoliobox-4 

I hope this helps Steve! Have a good day! 

Arvin ( Forum Moderator ) 

Hi there, I literally just started a PRO annual subscription yesterday, and I had no idea there was a new version! Could we possibly get in touch so that I can migrate my contact asap to the newest version and also agree on the subsciption fee please?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Weronika

Hello Weronica,

Thank you for your post! I sent you an email about the migration, please check you inbox and spam folder. 

Stay safe and Have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Login to post a comment