Start a new topic

Password Protect a page

Under the last platform of portfolio 3 this option was availble and a bonus to protect our work, being able to give access to those whom we wanted, and deny those who we did not. Now under the guise of this new platform whislt there have been some improvements others have been forfeited. Myself and others interested would happily go back to the former platform for simplicity of use.

Surely a simple addition of this code could be added, to the body or something equally simple that would work.

<SCRIPT>
function passWord() {
var testV = 1;
var pass1 = prompt('Please Enter Your Password',' ');
while (testV < 3) {
if (!pass1)
history.go(-1);
if (pass1.toLowerCase() == "agreedaccess") {
alert('You Got it Right!');
window.open('protectpage.html');
break;
}
testV+=1;
var pass1 =
prompt('Access Denied - Password Incorrect, Please Try Again.','Password');
}
if (pass1.toLowerCase()!="password" & testV ==3)
history.go(-1);
return " ";
}
</SCRIPT>
<CENTER>
<FORM>
<input type="button" value="Enter Protected Area" onClick="passWord()">
</FORM>
</CENTER>

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Yes, I understand; however, even if the password protect feature was removed, we have also added the client gallery feature. Here, you may add the images that you want to keep private. If you want to share it to others, you can generate a link and also a password. I hope you can check it out and try to play with it to familiarize yourself. You can access it by going to Blog | Store | Clients > Manage Client Galleries.

As for the password protect feature, I will send it as suggestion to our development team for further consideration. Have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Login to post a comment