Start a new topic

Can we duplicate Sections on the same page? Also, Footers on each page

Hi, I think this question was asked over a year ago, so I'm hoping there have been developments since then... I'm creating a Text page with multiple Sections to use as a Testimonials page (for several reasons, your current Testimonials templates do not work for my needs). Can we somehow copy and paste Sections so that we don't need to recreate them each time? I need 20+ of these Sections on my Testimonials page, and having to recreate each one is terribly time-consuming. (I also have other pages where being able to duplicate Sections would be SUCH a huge help. It seems odd that we cannot do this, particularly for a Portfolio site where it is common to have identical sections.)

I believe it was also asked over a year ago about a way to have the Footer populate on each page as well, so we don't have to recreate it each time. Has there been any progress on that?

Thank you very much,

Dawn

Hi there, I too would like to see a solution for this!

Any news..?  Thanks Neil

Hello Dawn, and Neil! 

Thank you for your post! The new version have not been launched yet a year ago. It was just launched this year and I can see that both of you are using the new version now. Please rest assured that your suggestions are being reviewed by our development team, we don't have any feature to duplicate in the previous version but now it is possible to duplicate a page in the new version. However, it is still not possible to duplicate specific sections in the new version. 

We can do some workarounds with this, like for example: If you want to duplicate footer sections on your pages, you can create a page specifically for this footer section. Don't add any section but just add the footer section. Then instead of creating a new page, you can duplicate this page to make sure that the footer section will be there on your new pages and no need to recreate it over and over again. You can then just add new sections and place it above the footer. 

I will send your suggestions about the footer and duplicating specific sections to our development team and hopefully, we will see it in the future updates. 

Stay safe and have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator)

Hi Arvin (and Neil!),

thank you for the reply. I really hope that your development team will take this request seriously; I've spoken to other reps from your company who have said that this is a feature they've really been pushing for, and it is something that is sorely needed. I can't tell you how much time it would save. Having to go in every single time and tweak all the individual settings (size, margins, height, etc. etc.) takes quite a while when you have multiple pages with multiple sections. Please, on our behalf, beg your development team to add this function. I'm truly hoping it's not that intensive in terms of programming and can just be added fairly easily.

Thank you again,

Dawn

Hello Dawn,

I understand. Please rest assured as your suggestion was already sent to the development team. They will review the suggestions and discuss which suggestions will be implemented and will be included in the future updates. We cannot guarantee anything for now as they will be the one to decide which will be added in the future updates. The new version has just been launched recently and it is still new so there's a lot of room to grow. Many updates and features will surely be added in the future. 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Hello! 

Good news! We have just received an update from the development team, duplicating specific sections to other pages is now available. You may see it by hovering your mouse over a section > click the "Edit section" button at the upper right part of the section > select "Duplicate" > select the page where you want to paste the section. 

I hope this helps! Enjoy your day! 

Cheers, Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

That's fantastic!!!! Thank you so much for letting us know! And a big thank you to the development team! :-)

Login to post a comment