Meta Description is a HTML tag that gives a short description of your website or page. When writing the meta description, it is very important that you include your SEO keywords and keep your meta description short and unique. A meta description can contain up to 155 characters. A typical meta description tag looks like this:
<meta name="description" content="Portfoliobox is a tool for creating online portfolio websites used by professional creatives like photographers, designers, architects, makeup artists, models etc."/>
The meta description appears on SERP (Search Engine Results Page) under the site URL, here is an example:
Site Meta Description
To add a site meta description to your Portfoliobox website, you can:
- Click on the cogwheel icon then select Settings.
- Then go to the tab called SEO.
- You can add your site meta description to the field, Site Meta Description.
Page Meta Description
To add a page meta description to a page, you can:
- Go to the page that you would like to add a page meta description.
- Click on Edit this Page.
- Go to Settings.
- Finally you can add your page meta description to the field called Meta Description.